RBI was represented by 5 dances and fashion Show.
1. Tari Pendet by our kids (four of them, Ellie, Kirana Amick, Haiga Glaze and Dewi). They were too cute and were very brave to be on the stage.
2. The second dance was from Bali as well, called Panji Semirang Dance. We were honored to have a guest from Charlotte, NC represent RBI. Her name is Erna Mardiana and she is a very good and experienced dancer. Thank you Erna for your participation and support.
3. The next dance was Jaipong dance from Sunda land (West Java). Four of our ladies, Yuni Phillipson, Butet Amick, Sandra Teh and Tami DeVries, shaken the stage with their moves. Very nice indeed and the music was so energetic as well....
4. The next dance is Indang Badinding dance from West Sumatra. A bunch of ladies who were dedicated and had sacrificed their time and material to make it happen. They were Feby Sheehan, Anne Downs, Sandra Todd, Paula McMullen, Dwi Haryati, Jehan Glaze, Ambarwati, Inang Butet and Lenda Sompie. They practiced diligently and committed. The dance was kinda harmony dance and very very energetic. We had a great applause when we finished.
5. And the last one was from our teenagers (Jane DeVries, Katrin Sheehan, and two others) who danced Melati Putih from the Song Melati Putih. The song was sung by our duet, Carla Brooke and Midori Getterman. They wore the Makassar outfit from South Sulawesi with their huge hand fan. They were so beautiful, colors and moves.
We rocked the stage...enough said..;))
And then we moved to the indoor stage for the Fashion Show. We picked some performers plus the ones that already prepared for the fashion show. We wore Traditional Indonesian outfit and also it was a blast.
All in all, it was a good day with good and successful performance.
Hidup Rumah Budaya!!
MORE PICTURES HERE